So what does it smell like? It was a sweet and spicy white floral oriental fragrance for women with a pronounced bittersweet chypre base.
- Top notes: bergamot, acacia, aldehydes, lime, galbanum, honey, jonquil, spices, linden blossom
- Middle notes: cloves, orange blossom, tuberose, iris, gardenia, green hyacinth, carnation, lily of the valley, lilac, ylang ylang, Sambac jasmine, orchid, tea
- Base notes: tobacco, benzoin, civet, oakmoss, amber, Peru balsam, vetiver, patchouli, musk, sandalwood, labdanum, tonka, beeswax
Fame was available in the following products:
- 1/8 oz Purse Perfume
- 1/4 oz Perfume
- 1/2 oz Perfume
- 3 oz Perfume Spray
- 2 oz Eau de Toilette
- 4 oz Eau de Toilette
- 2.5 oz Spraygrance Cologne
- 2.5 oz Pure Spray Cologne
- 4 oz Bath Powder
- 2 oz Oil for the Bath
Fate of the Fragrance:Discontinued, date unknown.
FAME® is now made and distributed by Evyan Perfumes.
Note: Please understand that this website is not affiliated with the Corday company in any way, it is only a reference page for collectors and those who have enjoyed the Corday fragrances.
The goal of this website is to show the present owners of the Corday company how much we miss the discontinued classics such as the original formula of Fame by Corday and hopefully, if they see that there is enough interest and demand, they will bring back the perfume!
Please leave a comment below (for example: of why you liked the perfume, describe the scent, time period or age you wore it, who gave it to you or what occasion, any specific memories), who knows, perhaps someone from the company might see it.