So what does it smell like? It is classified as a floral fragrance for women and was described as "haunting, delicate" and "woodsy, exotic" with a Bulgarian rose undertone.
- Top notes: aldehydes, neroli, lily, bergamot, hyacinth
- Middle notes: Bulgarian rose, lily of the valley, Sambac jasmine, ylang ylang, tuberose
- Base notes: orris, civet, musk, vetiver, cedar, ambergris, benzoin, vanilla, sandalwood, patchouli, opoponax
Bottles:Toujours Toi was available in parfum and eau de parfum.
- 2 oz parfum bottle stands approximately 4 1/8" tall.
- 1 oz parfum bottle stands just over 3 1/2" tall.
- 1/2 oz parfum bottle stands 3" tall.
- 1/8 oz parfum mini bottle stands approximately 1 3/4" tall.
- 1/8 oz Cordette brass purse parfum flacon.
- 4 oz eau de parfum concentree bottle. stands 5" tall.
- 2 oz eau de parfum concentree bottle stands 4 1/4" tall.
- 1/2 oz eau de parfum concentree bottle.
Town & Country - Volume 107, 1953:
"Corday's delightful French import: a quarter-ounce of Toujours Toi with Marcel Franck's mother-of-pearl atomizer."
Period Advertisements:In 1951 prices for the Toujours Toi perfume ranged from $5.40 to $12.00.
- Cordette, $3.75
- Eau de Parfum, 2 oz. ea $5.00
- Eau de Parfum, 4 oz. ea $9.50
- Parfum, 1/4 oz. ea $7.50
- Parfum, 1/2 oz. ea $13.50
- Parfum, 1 oz. ea $25.00
- Parfum, 2 oz. ea $45.00
Fate of the Fragrance:
Discontinued, date unknown. Still being sold in 1970.
Note: Please understand that this website is not affiliated with the Corday company in any way, it is only a reference page for collectors and those who have enjoyed the Corday fragrances.
The goal of this website is to show the present owners of the Corday company how much we miss the discontinued classics such as Toujours Toi and hopefully, if they see that there is enough interest and demand, they will bring back the perfume!
Please leave a comment below (for example: of why you liked the perfume, describe the scent, time period or age you wore it, who gave it to you or what occasion, any specific memories), who knows, perhaps someone from the company might see it.